Take pleasure in The Excellent Singapore And Malaysia Trip!
Planning a Singapore and Malaysia journey? Good! This can be a nice a part of the world and these locations make a fantastic mixture.
Due to Singapore and Malaysia being so shut collectively, it’s very straightforward to journey from Singapore to Malaysia and to take pleasure in a visit with each locations.
Read More: 10 Best Thing Must to Do in Singapore
On this article, I’m going to provide the excellent Singapore and Malaysia itinerary so all it’s important to is comply with it! I do that by strolling via a Singapore Malaysia itinerary for as much as ten days.
In case you are in search of a Four days Three nights Singapore Malaysia itinerary, merely cease studying on the Four day level. If you need longer, maintain studying! It’s straightforward to regulate this Singapore Malaysia tour itinerary to no matter time interval you want.
You too can prolong it to as much as 16 days by downloading our free 10-day Malaysia itinerary by clicking right here after which including it to the top of the itinerary right here.
I additionally describe precisely how one can get from Singapore to Malaysia on the finish in addition to provide you with some particular Singapore to Malaysia day journey recommendations.
This can be a Singapore to Malaysia itinerary which assumes you arrive in Singapore and go away from Malaysia. You may reverse it and make it a Malaysia Singapore itinerary as an alternative.
Additionally, you will have to think about time to get again to your start line if it’s good to fly out of the identical airport from the place you began. Fortunately, flights and buses between Malaysia and Singapore are fast and straightforward.
Excited? I hope so! This can be a fabulous a part of the world and I can’t wait that can assist you have the PERFECT Singapore Malaysia journey!
Day 1 – Arrive in Singapore
Gardens By The Bay Singapore
The futuristic Gardens By The Bay are undoubtedly value a spot in your Malaysia Singapore itinerary!
Immediately is an introduction to Singapore.
- Begin the day at Gardens by the Bay. Go to the conservatories and OCBC Skyway (tickets right here) the place you stroll among the many futuristic timber. You probably have children, take bathers and in addition go to the childrens gardens. That is my favorite attraction in all of Singapore so don’t skip it! In case you are on a finances, it’s nonetheless value coming and strolling round without cost.
- Have lunch within the purchasing centre on the base of the long-lasting Marina Bay Sands which is correct subsequent to Gardens by the Bay.
- Take the brief practice journey to Clarke Quay and stroll although right here and the historic Fort Canning in your technique to the following attraction.
- Spend the afternoon on the Nationwide Museum of Singapore (discount tickets here).
Day 2 – Singapore
Immediately is all about discovering Singapore’s three main cultural teams.
- Begin the day with some breakfast in Little India after which go to Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple.
- Stroll to the close by Malay space of Kampong Glam. Go to the Malay Heritage Centre and Sultan Mosque earlier than having some Malay meals for lunch.
- End with some temple visits in Chinatown earlier than looking for souvenirs on the markets right here and having some nice Chinese language meals for dinner.
Day 3 – Singapore
Your closing day in Singapore is all about enjoyable, Sentosa Island fashion! Sentosa Island is a small island simply off the tip of Singapore which is definitely reached by public transport, cable automotive and even strolling over. It’s packed filled with enjoyable sights and is Singapore’s playground.
It’s filled with prime class amenities and simply strolling round is enjoyable. There are such a lot of totally different sights that it’s arduous for me to say precisely what it’s best to add to your Singapore Malaysia journey itinerary. It is dependent upon your pursuits and finances because the sights could be costly and add up shortly. There are additionally many free sights on Sentosa which you will favor to stay to.
Listed here are my top suggestions:
- Begin by heading to the Merlion Plaza and taking a photograph of the Sentosa signal with the enormous merlion as pictured above. Contemplate climbing up contained in the Merlion Tower for nice views (tickets right here).
- Take the Skyline Luge and chair elevate. That is certainly one of our favourites!
- For extra adrenaline rushes, strive Mega Adventure the place you’ll be able to zipline and take a 15 metre bounce or fly at iFly!
- Go to simply the most effective aquariums on this planet at S.E.A. Aquarium (tickets here).
- You probably have children, go to the Palawan Pirate Ship. A free (and superb) water playground.
- Stroll to the Southern Most Level of Continental Asia.
- Benefit from the seashores
- Go to Fort Siloso and be taught some WWII historical past
Within the night, head to the free mild exhibits at Resorts World Sentosa.
I additionally advocate you’re taking the cable automotive over a technique (discount tickets here). The views are nice! I additionally love Universal Studios Singapore however with sooner or later, I’d go to some totally different sights as an alternative fairly than spending the day at one so that you get a greater style of Sentosa Island.
To save cash and time, purchase attraction tickets beforehand at Klook. We now have saved a lot cash this manner. Click here for many options.
There may be additionally the Sentosa Fun Pass that may prevent some huge cash. You mainly purchase various tokens after which change these tokens at varied sights on the island. The quantity you want is dependent upon what you need to see. I recommend you’ll at the least need 80.
You could find the Sentosa Fun Pass right here and details about what number of tokens are required for every attraction right here.
Where To Stay In Singapore
Listed here are our greatest choices for every finances. Choose the one which most accurately fits you.
LUXURY: Marina Bay Sands
For luxurious and the final word Singapore expertise, you’ll be able to’t go previous the Marina Bay Sands, one of the crucial iconic lodge buildings on this planet.
Have nice views over Singapore as you chill out within the infinity pool or go to the Sands SkyPark Statement Deck. Store and eat within the downstairs purchasing centre or take pleasure in one of many many lodge restuarants or room service. You should utilize the gymnasium, day spa or just have a drink on the pool bar.
There are a selection of room varieties with doubles and twins on provide. All are spacious and nicely appointed and have all the pieces you’d anticipate in a 5 star lodge. You may choose the view you need and there are suites for further luxurious with their very own residing space.
Along with staying in a wonderful lodge, you might be additionally simply moments stroll away from Gardens By The Bay and different prime Singapore sights and there’s a subway station under the lodge making sightseeing straightforward. That is the final word Singapore lodge and it’s important to keep right here at the least as soon as!
MIDRANGE: Village Hotel Bugis
The Village Resort Bugis is our favorite lodge for a mixture of a fantastic value, very handy location and an excellent normal of rooms and facilties. Positioned near Bugis MRT station and plenty of purchasing centres, it’s straightforward to get round to all of Singapore right here. It’s additionally positioned within the Malay space, Kampong Glam, and a brief stroll from Little India.
There are a selection of room varieties that are all comfy and nicely appointed, if on the cosy aspect. This consists of household choices which makes this a fantastic selection with children – we have now stayed right here with ours a number of instances.
The lodge additionally has a swimming pool, gymnasium and eating places.
For discount seekers, the Backpacker Cozy Nook Guesthouse can also be positioned in a handy location close to Bugis MRT and has all the pieces you want for a finances Singapore stopover with wonderful worth rooms for the situation and value.
Rooms embody air-con and wifi and there are 2, Three and Four folks rooms obtainable. To save cash, they don’t have non-public bogs.
Singapore And Malaysia Itinerary Four days
You probably have simply Four days, use your closing day in your Singapore Malaysia itinerary Four days to do a day journey into Malaysia. Under, there are a number of Malaysia day journey choices.
My private favorite is a enjoyable day at Legoland Malaysia, however choose whichever most appeals to you.
In case you are solely in search of a Singapore Malaysia itinerary Three days then minimize out one of many Singapore days above which is least interesting.
Day 4 –Johor Bahru
It’s time to say a tragic goodbye to Singapore earlier than heading over the causeway to extra adventures in Malaysia!
Immediately, you’ll have a fantastic day at Legoland Malaysia. You should buy discounted tickets right here.
Day 5 – Johor Bahru And Melaka
This morning, it’s time to see a few of Johor Bahru earlier than catching a bus within the afternoon to Melaka.
- Head to central Johor Bahru close to the causeway to Singapore. You are able to do some purchasing or discover the streets to the west of the principle strip right here. Some are fairly fairly and it’s a pleasant space to walk round. You probably have younger children, think about heading to Thomas City and Sanrio Good day Kitty City as an alternative (tickets right here). They are going to find it irresistible! Eat lunch earlier than leaving Johor Bahru.
- Take a taxi to the principle bus station in Johor Bharu, Larkin Bus Terminal, after which take a bus to Melaka. You can book bus tickets here on some nice bus providers. The bus takes about three hours and I like to recommend you ebook a bus for the early afternoon.
- Take a taxi to your lodge, clean up and head to Jonker Avenue within the night. If it’s Friday or Saturday night time, benefit from the night time market, however there are many locations to eat any night time on this well-known strip.
Be aware that Melaka and Malacca are alternative ways to spell the identical place.
Where To Stay In Johor Bahru
Listed here are our greatest choices for every finances. Choose the one which most accurately fits you.
Positioned simply minutes from the Causeway in a handy location, the DoubleTree by Hilton Johor Bahru is a good selection if you need a luxurious lodge which is simple to make use of as a base to discover each Johor Bahru and Singapore.
Regardless of not being rated as a five-star lodge, it’s our prime choose of the choices close to the Causeway. It has first-class amenities together with a shocking outside swimming pool on the 13th flooring, 4 eating places, gymnasium, steam room, spa and wifi.
Every of the lodge’s spacious visitor rooms have all the pieces you’d anticipate from a prime possibility reminiscent of air-con, TV, tea and low making amenities and a pillow menu. There are additionally bigger suites with separate residing areas in addition to rooms that are condo fashion and have a kitchenette with washer. All this for a fantastic value!
MIDRANGE: Puteri Pacific Johor Bahru
For a midrange value possibility, you’ll be able to’t go previous the Puteri Pacific Johor Bahru. Additionally nicely positioned close to the Causeway and purchasing, this can be a nice base for Singapore and Johor Bahru exploration.
There are various amenities at this lodge. You should utilize the tennis and squash courts, a gymnasium, sauna and a yoga studio. Different amenities embody an outside swimming pool, a day spa, three onsite eating places and bars.
There are a selection of lodging choices at this lodge. Along with normal lodge rooms, you’ll be able to ebook a room with a separate residing and sleeping space or perhaps a room with a kitchenette.
For an actual discount, think about the Baguss Resort and Serviced Residences. Near the Causeway and downtown purchasing areas, this normal, 3-star lodge is particularly a fantastic selection for households and teams in search of lodging.
There are a selection of lodge rooms appropriate from two to 4 folks. Every lodge room consists of air-con, a TV, wifi, tea and low making amenities and a fridge. For bigger teams, there are Three bed room flats which may accommodate as much as 6 folks. These flats embody a kitchen and lounge room.
Singapore Malaysia Itinerary 5 Days
In case you are in search of a 5 days Four nights Singapore Malaysia itinerary then you are able to do the 5 days above and head again to Singapore to fly out on day 5 as an alternative of on to Melaka.
You may additionally think about spending all 5 days in Singapore and simply taking a day journey to Johor Bahru. If cash isn’t a difficulty, this can be a sensible choice. In any other case, it’s extra finances pleasant to remain in Johor Bahru lodging.
If Melaka sounds attention-grabbing to you, you may additionally comply with the primary 4 days above after which do a day trip to Melaka on the ultimate day of your Singapore Malaysia 5 days itinerary (discover one right here). This can be a lengthy day however I’ve performed it myself and it’s very doable.
Day 6 – Melaka
Immediately is all about exploring Melaka’s historic centre and Chinatown earlier than heading to your closing cease, Kuala Lumpur, within the night.
Get your strolling legs on! Every part talked about right here is shut and, when you can take taxis or trishaws to get round, the sights are so shut collectively that there isn’t any actual want.
- Begin on the Sultanate Palace the place you’ll be able to stroll via a reproduction of the palace of Sultan Mansur Shah who dominated Melaka from 1456 to 1477.
- Take a photograph of Porta de Santiago and discover the ruins of St Paul’s Church.
- Stroll downhill to Stradthuys, the city corridor and governor’s residence that dates again to the Dutch in 1650. Trishaws are likely to congregate right here so you’ll be able to go on a journey on one in case you like.
- Stroll over the river to Chinatown and head to eight Heeren Avenue to take a look at this 18th century Dutch interval residence.
- Subsequent, stroll via Chinatown to Baba and Nonya Heritage Centre.
- By now, you could have most likely labored up an urge for food. Eat some lunch.
End your Melaka day tour by visiting three temples all shut collectively: Cheng Hoon Temple, Masjid Kampung Kling and Sri Poyatha Venayagar Moorthi Temple.
Within the late afternoon, catch your onward bus to Kuala Lumpur. This takes about 2.5 hours and I like to recommend reserving a bus from 3-4pm.
On arrival, examine in to your lodge. For those who really feel like going out, head to the night time markets in Petaling Avenue or Jalan Alor.
You could find our recommend hotels in Kuala Lumpur right here.
Where To Stay In Melaka
Listed here are our greatest choices for every finances. Choose the one which most accurately fits you.
LUXURY: Casa Del Rio Melaka
Positioned in a premium place simply 300 metres from Jonker Avenue and proper by the river, one can find the best choice in Melaka, the beautiful 5-star luxurious boutique lodge, Casa del Rio Melaka Resort.
There are a a spread of room varieties on provide together with choices for as much as 6 folks in two-bedroom suites. All rooms embody normal fittings reminiscent of a TV, wifi, tea and low making amenities, air-con and a desk. For those who ebook a set, additionally, you will have separate residing and eating areas. Some suites even embody an outside spa.
This lodge options first-class amenities with a shocking infinity swimming pool providing views throughout the Melaka River in addition to three eating places, a gymnasium, a rooftop backyard and day spa.
MIDRANGE: Swiss-Garden Hotel Melaka
This 5-star lodge at a midrange value level is a good selection. Positioned alongside the Melaka River only a brief taxi journey from Jonker St, the Swiss-Backyard Resort presents company trendy lodging.
There are a selection of rooms which accommodate as much as two company and embody all the usual facilities together with a TV, air-con, wi-fi, tea and low making amenities, non-public balcony and seating space.
You too can ebook a set which incorporates separate eating and residing areas. Some rooms additionally embody panoramic views of the ocean and the Melaka River. Ask for a excessive stage!
The Swiss-Backyard Resort features a vary of nice amenities together with two large swimming swimming pools, a tennis courtroom and the Sky Backyard rooftop bar. The lodge additionally has direct entry to a shopping center.
BUDGET: T Hotel Melaka
The T Resort which is positioned in Melaka Metropolis only a 15 minutes stroll from Jonker Avenue, is an efficient selection for finances travellers.
They provide double, twin, triple or household suites. All are comfy and clear and include air-con, wifi, a TV, tea and low amenities and a seating space.
Singapore Malaysia Itinerary For 7 Days
In case you are in search of a 6 nights 7 days Singapore Malaysia itinerary you may cease proper right here. This does imply that you simply don’t have a lot time in Kuala Lumpur. For those who would favor a while in Kuala Lumpur (which I do advocate), drop both Johor Bahur or Melaka, whichever appeals much less. It’s straightforward to get buses from Singapore to Melaka instantly or from Johor Bahru to Kuala Lumpur.
You may then choose a day or two from the next three recommmend days in Kuala Lumpur in your Singapore Malaysia itinerary 7 days.
Days 7-9 Kuala Lumpur
Three days in Kuala Lumpur is a good period of time to get an excellent style of this metropolis in your Malaysia Singapore journey.
Singapore Malaysia Itinerary For 10 Days
You probably have 10 days, you’ll be able to add an additional day to Kuala Lumpur utilizing my recommendations in my Three day itinerary article right here.
You may additionally add an additional day to Singapore if that appeals extra or if you wish to do an exercise there like go to Common Studios. Nevertheless, in case you are in search of a Singapore Malaysia finances itinerary then the much less time in costlier Singapore, the much less you will have to spend so Kuala Lumpur generally is a higher choose.
Singapore And Malaysia Trip 10+ Days
You probably have greater than ten days, yay! There are such a lot of nice locations you can add on in Malaysia.
I’ve a full itinerary doc right here for Malaysia journey for ten days. This consists of travelling to Ipoh, Penang and Langkawi after Kuala Lumpur so you’ll be able to add one or all of those locations to the itinerary above to create a plan for as much as 17 days.
Singapore To Malaysia Day Trip
For those who don’t have time for an enormous Singapore Malaysia journey then it’s possible you’ll simply with to take a sooner or later journey to Malaysia from Singapore. With a timeframe of lower than 5 days, that is what I like to recommend.
That is utterly attainable and you may spend a 1 day journey to Malaysia from Singapore doing one of many days within the itinerary above to Johor Bahru or Melaka. Simply be aware with Melaka that you’ll spend quite a lot of time travelling over the day however it’s extremely attainable – I’ve performed it myself.
Singapore to Malaysia day journey concepts:
- Legoland Malaysia: The simplest and possibly most enjoyable suggestion is to spend a day at Legoland Malaysia. There are buses instantly right here from Singapore and it’s a enjoyable and straightforward place to take pleasure in. Extra particulars right here.
- Johor Bahru: You may catch the native bus over the causeway and discover central Johor Bahru.
- Melaka: You may both pay for an costly day tour right here (best possibility) or save in your Singapore Malaysia journey value and take public transport from Singapore to Melaka and again once more and discover Melaka by yourself, as per day 6 above. The bus takes about 4 hours every approach so purchase your ticket upfront and go early.
- Desaru Coast: This coastal space in Malaysia is only one hour from Singapore with a half-hour ferry (purchase right here) and half-hour shuttle and is ideal if you want some white sandy seaside time or to have some enjoyable visiting sights reminiscent of an enormous water park, ostrich, fruit or crocodile farm.
How To Travel From Singapore To Malaysia
Getting from Singapore to Malaysia may actually not be simpler. There are buses, planes, trains and even taxis throughout. It’s been streamlined as a lot as attainable as a result of it’s such a well-liked possibility with hundreds of individuals doing it on a regular basis.
The simplest technique to get throughout the causeway from Singapore to Malaysia is to rent a personal automotive and driver. These could be fairly reasonably priced for a household or small group and you’ll be picked up and dropped off wherever you want and don’t have to get out of the automotive on the border.
You too can get a taxi however they’re much less versatile. For those who catch a Singaporean taxi, they’ll solely drop you at Larkin Terminal in Johor Bahru. For those who catch a Malaysian taxi, they’ll drop you off wherever in Malaysia however can solely choose you up Queen Avenue Bus Terminal.
The most affordable (and nonetheless fairly straightforward) technique to get throughout is with public, native bus known as the Causeway Bus. Be aware that with the bus, you will have to get off and again on once more at each immigration factors in Singapore and Malaysia with all of your belongings. As soon as you might be via, you merely look ahead to the following Causeway Bus to come back alongside. You may catch it from:
Kranji MRT (route CW1) from SGD$1.50 (RM1.90 return)
Queens Avenue (route CW2) from SGD$3.50 (RM3.40 return)
Newton Circus (route CW5) from SGD$3.30 (RM3.40 return)
The buses cease alongside the best way so you too can hop on elsewhere alongside the route.
If it’s good to get between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur then I like to recommend flying. That is usually an excellent value and cuts out the longer journey. For additional afield than KL, I additionally advocate flying.
In case you are going throughout to Johor Bahru, Melaka or wherever else south of Kuala Lumpur then going overland is the only option.